When you’re a mother, struggles are aplenty! Especially when you’re doing it for the first time.
You often catch yourself second-guessing everything you do!
And the anxiety-inducing unknown territory, the sleepless nights, the frustrating battle with colic, the emotionally draining temper tantrums, the never-ending stack of dishes to wash, or the mountain-high pile of laundry don’t help at all…
You still question:
How do I thrive when I’m struggling?
How can I care for my little ones when I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing?
Am I doing this right?
Am I even cut out for this?
As moms, we all have been there. And looking back, all we really needed was help.
Help to make life as a new mom with little ones a tad less stressful.
I believe it takes a village to raise kids. Because of that, we need all the help we can get, even if it means getting it virtually.
With that, I share this corner of the internet with you. Think of it as a helping hand when you need one.
Everything you find here is practical, valuable, and totally achievable.
Whether you are still planning to be a mom or starting your motherhood journey, I have you covered!
Here are some of my latest posts. Click through and enjoy helpful guides dedicated to you:
- Clever Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Your Toddlers
- Best Travel Toys for Trips to Entertain Your Toddler
- Cavities in Toddlers: What Does a Cavity Look Like?
- Homemade Christmas Ornaments to Make with Toddlers
- Beautiful Country Girl Names for Your Little Belle
You can also click here to enjoy well-thought-out printable sheets for free, and maybe download one while you’re at it. They will immensely help you in whatever stage you’re at.
I also created beautiful digital prints new moms and moms-to-be can instantly download here from my Etsy shop.
Here’s a sneak peek of my most viewed printable pack on Etsy:
About the Author
Hi there! I’m Donna M.
I’m a mom to two neurodiverse kids, a wife to a hardworking farmer/rancher, and the founder and owner of TheUpwardBlip.com.
Here are a few more facts about me:
- I was born and raised in the Philippines.
- I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology (also known as Laboratory Science) from one of Cebu’s top-performing universities.
- After passing the boards, I immediately started working in a clinical laboratory.
- In early 2012, I was recommended by a good friend and colleague to work for a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital’s core laboratory in the United States.
- I dedicated 19 years of my life as an adept and meticulous Medical Laboratory Scientist until I decided to be a domestic engineer in early 2022.
- I live out in the country in a quaint little town in rural South Dakota.
Pictured below are my husband and my busy little goofballs! We need to get a more recent family photo!
My little girl
The little tribe
My little boy
Mommy and baby girl
The Birth of The Upward Blip
One day in South Dakota in mid-summer of 2018, a sudden thought to start a mom blog was born on a whim.
Supported solely by my belief that it was a remarkable idea and that I could turn thoughts into one cohesive story, I began writing to my heart’s content.
The outcome — The Upward Blip.
The Upward Blip is the new mom’s inspiration resource. It tackles several crucial points you can encounter in your early motherhood journey, from preparing for the baby’s arrival to parenting and homemaking with little kids, so happiness and positivity can foster.
With it, I also launched my brand of baby bandana bibs. However, as we speak, they are getting a major face-lift, so stay tuned for more.
You can still check out a few photos of them on my Facebook page here and hit follow or like while at it.
Curious about the name?
Learn more about the story behind the name, and tell me what you think about it.
Collaborate with The Upward Blip
If you would like to suggest anything, criticize (constructively, of course), or want to connect, do so at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will gladly wait for you!
Want to work with me? Do you have any sponsorship opportunities to share? I’m game for anything! Just go ahead and reach out to me through the email above.
Are you thinking about writing for us? Check out the “Write for Us” tab here.
See you around,
Don’t forget to visit my Library of Resources on how to prepare for baby, Mama! You can check it out here!
Photos by Dani Photography